ELAC - English Learner Advisory Council
- Communicate the belief that all students can achieve all standards
- Provide and promote family education
- Empower professional learning communities to improve student achievement by providing staff development and technical assistance
- Embrace linguistic and cultural diversity as resources
- Advocate for the educational rights of all students
- Act as mentors and role models for staff, students, parents and community members.
“EMPOWERING LEARNING THROUGH LEADERSHIP AND PARTNERSHIP”
Desired Outcomes for English Language Learners:
The desired outcomes for English language learners in the Moreno Valley Unified School District are consistent with state and federally funded programs for these students. The desired outcomes are:
- English language learners acquire full proficiency in English as rapidly and effectively as possible.
- English language learners meet state standards for academic achievement.
Involvement - Parents, staff, students and community members participate in developing, implementing, and evaluating core and supplemental programs.
- Governance and Administration – Policies, plans, and administration of the programs meet legal requirements.
- Funding – Allocation and use of funds for English learners meet state and federal requirements for allowable expenditures.
- Standards, Assessment, and Accountability – Programs for English language learners meet state standards, are based on the assessed needs of the students, and achieve the desired outcomes.
- Staffing and Professional Development – Staff members are recruited, trained, assigned, and assisted to ensure the effectiveness of the program.
- Opportunity and Equal Educational Access – Students have equal access to all programs provided by the district.
- Teaching and Learning – Students receive core and supplemental services that meet their assessed needs.
English Learner Advisory Council
Tuesday, September 28, 2021
Tuesday, October 26, 2021
Tuesday, November 30, 2021
Tuesday, February 1, 2022
Tuesday, March 1, 2022
Tuesday, April 26, 2022
Tuesday, May 24, 2022